Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #4



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that features upcoming releases that we are waiting in anticipation for!

Here is this weeks pick: 




Title: After Eden
Author: Helen Douglas
Publication: November 7, 2013
Summary: 
Eden Anfield loves puzzles, so when mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school she's hooked. On the face of it, he's a typical American teenager. So why doesn't he recognise pizza? And how come he hasn't heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden the most, however, is the interest he's taking in her. 


As Eden starts to fall in love with Ryan, she begins to unravel his secret. Her breakthrough comes one rainy afternoon when she stumbles across a book in Ryan's bedroom - a biography of her best friend - written over fifty years in the future. Confronting Ryan, she discovers that he is there with one unbelievably important purpose ... and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.


My Thoughts: The cover is was first drew me to this book. It is so beautiful. I really love covers with night skies and stars on them.  I've never really read any time travel novels because they never really interested me much. After Eden just sounds so interesting that I can't help but want to read it! I cannot wait!

9 comments:

  1. I have this on my waiting list too. I hope it will be good.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited about this too, but then I started reading the mixed reviews and I've decided to wait a bit before deciding to read it.
    I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to add this to my TBR List!
    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. Can't wait to read this either. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is everywhere- I much prefer this summary, since it keeps some of the big surprises at bay. I think I might just have to get involved :-) it sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the cover, too. I managed to snag an early copy, and it just wasn't for me. I hope you enjoy it though!

    -New GFC follower.

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love time travel books so I'll definitely be reading this one. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got it approved from netgalley so I'm probably gonna read it soon! I'm nervous now that I'm hearing all of the mixed feelings about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick! I too have been seeing mixed reviews... I cannot wait to hear your thoughts. I love the synopsis and cover though! I really hope you enjoy the book :D

    ReplyDelete