Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: Six Months Later

Sorry I was totally MIA for a few days guys! Last weekend was my birthday and I spent quite a few days celebrating! And then, as we all know, Allegiant was released this week and I spent two days after completely immersed in it (expect that review tomorrow). 




Title: Six Months Later
Author: Natalie D Richards 
Format: Paperback
Publication: October 1, 2013
Score:
Summary: Chloe didn't think about it much when she nodded off in study hall on that sleepy summer day. But when she wakes up, snow is on the ground and she can't remember the last six months of her life. Before, she'd been a mediocre student. Now, she's on track for valedictorian and being recruited by Ivy League schools. Before, she never had a chance with super jock Blake. Now he's her boyfriend. Before, she and Maggie were inseparable. Now her best friend won't speak to her.

What happened to her? 
And why can't she remember?

Review: I loved this book WAY more than I'd thought I was going to. I first heard about it on someone else's blog and though I don't usually read mysteries I thought that it sounded like something I would like. I hadn't really heard anything else about it though so I didn't have too high of expectations for it. I didn't realize that I would love it as much as I did!


Six Months Later had me captivated the entire way through. I can always tell when I'm reading a 5 star book because I read it fast and I don't realize how fast I'm reading it. I think it only took me one night to finish this book because as soon as I picked it up I couldn't put it down. I wanted, no needed, to know what happened and how it was going to end. It is rare for me to completely forget that I am sitting in my living room reading a book but Six Months Later did just that for me! 

For once it was mostly the plot that made a book stick with me rather than the characters. I didn't even think I liked the mystery genre at all until reading this book. Now I want more, more, more! It was just so refreshing to read something that has romance and mystery without there having to be a paranormal or fantastical aspect to it. It was especially great because we were learning everything that Chloe had forgotten as she learned it and it really helped me connect to the story. The ending was great. Sometimes it's really just nice to have a tied up, feel good ending.

Even though it wasn't the characters that made this novel for me I still really enjoyed them. I LOVED our main character Chloe. Her confusion concerning the drastic personality changes that took place in the six months that she forgot was great. How could she have changed from a slightly rebellious teenager into an almost Stepford Wife-like, perfect teenager? It was so interesting to read and I loved seeing her old personality conflicting with how others now expected her to act. The dynamic between Maggie and Chloe and their broken friendship was also great. Adam was one of those broken, bad boy on the outside, tortured soul on the inside guys that I always end up loving. Blake was definitely an interesting character and I loved the interaction between him and Chloe and Adam!

If you aren't a fan of mystery and want to give the genre a shot I highly recommend this novel! Even if you weren't thinking about reading something from the genre I would suggest you read Six Months Later. I can't imagine that many people will be dissatisfied with this book! I cannot wait for Natalie Richards to write another book because I will most definitely be reading it!

3 comments:

  1. This is SO completely wonderful. Jenna, thank you so so much. I've been totally sick this week (stupid fall cold!) but this review makes me feel loads better, cold or not! Thank you so much for your kind words and for giving Six Months Later a shot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book too. Hooked me from the beginning with the premise and it kept me guessing the whole time. Definitely a page-turner, I pretty much read this one in one sitting. Great review! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Jenna.
    Same thing happens to me - I know it will be 5 star because I read it really fast and I don't even notice how much time had passed.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete