Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #1

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that features upcoming releases that we are waiting in anticipation for!

Here is this weeks pick:





Title: Afterparty
Author: Ann Redisch Stampler
Publication: January 7, 2014
Summary: Emma is tired of being good. Always the dutiful daughter to an overprotective father, she is the antithesis of her mother -- whose name her dad won't even say out loud. That's why meeting Siobhan is the best thing that ever happened to her...and the most dangerous. Because Siobhan is fun and alluring and experienced and lives on the edge. In other words, she's everything Emma is not.

And it may be more than Emma can handle. 

Because as intoxicating as her secret life may be, when Emma begins to make her own decisions, Siobhan starts to unravel. It's more than just Dylan, the boy who comes between them. Their high-stakes pacts are spinning out of control. Elaborate lies become second nature. Loyalties and boundaries are blurred. And it all comes to a head at the infamous Afterparty, where debauchery rages and an intense, inescapable confrontation ends in a plummet from the rooftop... 

This explosive, sexy, and harrowing follow-up to Ann Redisch Stampler's spectacular teen debut, Where It Began, reveals how those who know us best can hurt us most.

My Thoughts: I've been looking forward to this one for a while now. This might seem lame, but there is just something about this cover that really makes me want to read this ASAP! Unfortunately I still have to wait four more months for it!

7 comments:

  1. I really, really, really, want this book! Great pick :-D.

    Georgie @ What She Reads
    http://www.whatshereads.co.uk
    tweet @whatgeorgiedid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks amazing!
    Cant wait to read!!
    Added to my TBR list

    Chelsea @ I Couldn't Put It Down
    http://www.icouldntputitdown.blogspot.com
    tweet: @cantputitdown
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icouldntputitdown

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so interesting and I love that cover. Thank you for sharing.

    New follower.:)

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm weary about this one. I had trouble with her other book and couldn't actually finish it. I'm still on the fence if I will give this one a try or not. It sounds good, but I worry.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! This one is on my TBR, too...I've had it there for what seems like forever. January is still so far away! It's definitely the cover that's got my attention...

    Here's my WOW

    Bree :)
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this on my tbr also. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know much about this but a plummet froma rooftop... yikes! Hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete