Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Sequels Ever



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week I'm talking about my top ten favorite book sequels!





1. Insurgent (Divergent #2) By Veronica Roth
Probably one of the best sequels ever, Insurgent made me fall in love with the characters (Four) so much more than the first book did (and boy did I fall in love with them in Divergent) and I literally couldn't put it down until I finished it! And I am sure that Allegiant will be just as good if not better!






2. The Evolution Of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) By Michelle Hodkin
I can't even put into words how much I love this series! It's dark and supernatural without having the same feel as most supernatural books. I picked the first one up two years ago without having heard anything about it and I just fell in love with it so hard! And Noah. Just Noah. That's all. (Also I'm slowly dying inside each day that I have to wait for The Redemption of Mara Dyer now that it's release has been postponed to June 2014)




3. Pretties (Uglies #2) By Scott Westerfield
I read this series like three years ago, when I was first starting to read YA books they way that I do now, and I really loved the series. It was one of those books that introduced a love interest in the first novel and then a completely different one in the second novel and I think this is one of the few times that I actually shipped the second LI more than the first! This was probably my favorite book from this really great series!





4. Pandemonium (Delierium #2) By Lauren Oliver
I read this the day that it was released (about a year and a half ago) and I just remember that I wasn't able to stop because I NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!







5. Onyx By Jennifer L. Armentrout
I read Onyx right when it came out last year and I loved it! Daemon is one of my all time favorite love interests and I think I liked him best in this book. This whole series is amazing and everything Jennifer L. Armentrout writes is amazing!







6. Through The Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) By Veronica Rossi
I've somewhat grown tired of dystopian novels over the past year but this one is just solid goodness! I am counting down the days until I can finally read Into The Still Blue!








7. The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) By Richelle Mead
I could never not absolutely love a novel with Adrian Ivaskov as the love interest. Seriously. He is definitely top 3 favorite book boyfriends ever. Maybe number 1. Also, anything written in the Vampire Academy/Bloodlines World is automatically amazing.







8. Because It Is My Blood (Birthright #2) By Gabrielle Zevin 
I can't believe that I don't hear more people talking about this series. It's a fresh addition to the abundant YA dystopian world. And Anya is such a freaking badass! I love it.










9. Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) By Tahereh Mafi
Never have I loved a "villain" so much! Seriously there is just something about Warner that makes me root for him, even when he is being completely awful (which is most of the time). I'm definitely not ready to accept it is Juliette ends up with any one but Warner and I feel like that says something about my judgement but I don't even care!






10. All of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices Books By Cassandra Clare
No matter what scandal may surround her and her past, Cassandra Clare will always be one of my favorite authors. I can't imagine reading anything of hers and not liking it. I will continue reading her books until she stops writing them!










4 comments:

  1. Love your list, so agree about Cassandra Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I loved Pretties as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the Uglies box set and bogus to bubbly. I plan on reading this winter. Here is my list: http://caitstruelife.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-sequels-ever/

    ReplyDelete
  4. UnRavel ME YES. chapter 62......


    Nice list havent read most of them (they are on my wishlist though)


    Ashley
    Books Buying Beauty
    @Bookz4Nerdz

    ReplyDelete