Monday, September 16, 2013

Review: Origin (Lux #4)

Title: Origin (Lux #4)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: Paranormal Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Publication: August 27, 2013
Score:
Summary: Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 



But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?



Review: I just love Jennifer L. Armentrout! As a writer I totally look up to her! In the past like 5 years she's written 26 BOOKS! I can't even believe that that is possible let alone that she's still going strong! In the next six months alone she's got a new book coming out like every month. I've only read The Lux Series and The Covenant Series but I plan on reading absolutely everything she's written!

Daemon and Katy's story is by far one of my favorite Young Adult Paranormal series. From the first book Obsidian, I fell deep deeply in love with Daemon Black! I'm sure most people already know this but just in case, Daemon is just about one of the most swoon-worthy YA male interests I've ever read! He's all bad boy and snark and his and Katy's relationship is definitely one for the books.

Origin was a captivating read that kept me guessing the entire way through. The romance was perfect and the suspense kept me on the edge of my seat. I really like how the progression of this series has gone and where the book seems going from here.

There are quite a few surprises, one in particular that fans of the Daemon/Katy pairing will be quite please about!

The only thing I ever seem to find to complain about with Armentrout's novels is the writing. The stories are great, the characters are awesome, but her writing just isn't the best. Sometime's it comes off as a bit juvenile to me. It's just not one of those books that is brilliantly written. It's not bad writing though and it really doesn't hurt my perception of these books too much. It's really just the difference between 5 hearts and 4 hearts.

I would absolutely recommend the Lux Series for any fans of Young Adult Paranormal Romances. Katy and Daemon's story is one that is unforgettable! I just can't believe we have to wait until later next year for the final conclusion to their story: Opposition. I will be counting down the days once we get an official release date!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Jennifer Armentrout too, I'll read anything she writes. And yes, how productive is she? Insane. The best thing about her is that she creates these characters you really care about. I about threw my Kindle at the end of Opal so I was so glad to read Origin. And I can't wait until Sentinel comes out next month. Glad you enjoyed the book.

    New follower on Bloglovin! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Her characters are impossible to not fall in love with! And I soooooooooo can't wait for Sentinel!

      It really is amazing that she is so productive because we get SO many amazing books from her SO often!

      Delete