Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review: The Infinite Moment of Us

 Title: The Infinite Moment of Us
Author: Lauren Myracle
Genre: Contemporary Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Publication: August 27, 2013
Score:
Summary: For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers.



Review: The first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. I mean look at that cover. It's just so beautiful. It's pretty risky though, choosing a book just because of it's cover. Beautiful covers do not always equal good books.

However this book lived up to it's cover pretty well.

The Infinite Moment of Us was a quick and entrancing read. From the moment I opened it I was completely invested in the story. I liked Wren's POV and I liked Charlie's POV and I really enjoyed watching them fall in love.

What struck me the most about this book was how realistic the love story was for me. There were many moments while reading that I was brought right back to memories of my first love. It's always good when you can relate to a story in that way, it gives you a much bigger connection to the story. And I really enjoyed their love story because of that.

Another thing I found interesting about this book was the detail of the sexual scenes. I was shocked the first scene that I read because I'd never read a Young Adult novels with that amount of sexual description. This book is definitely not meant for the younger side of the YA spectrum, that's for sure.

Up until the end I was really loving this book, the characters, the story, all of it. But the ending definitely brought it from a 4 star book to a 3 star book. The ending is weak at best. I don't think it's realistic and it shows almost no character development on Wren's end. I feel like the author took the easy way out with an ending that would please readers rather than an ending that actually fit the story. I was definitely disappointed by it.

I would still recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick romantic read about young first love.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that's sad that the ending didn't deliver. But I'm glad it's good otherwise! I haven't gotten around to reading this yet, but the cover was definitely what made me pick it up as well. I mean, it's a hard cover to pass by and NOT at least read the summary for. And I didn't know there were sex scenes! I'm glad to be prepared for that. :) Great review!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete